Today's business environment is characterized by dynamic uncertainties and complexities, which makes the work of managers and organizational leaders extremely challenging. There are new products, services and business processes that are being engineered to meet contemporary requirements of the industry. The Scenario at Corporate worldhas been changing rapidly for the past few years and there has been a dynamic upsurge in demand of professionals who can handle the complex and challenging work profiles effectively and efficiently. Thus, those who aspire to secure their future with the help of management education need to acquire specialized knowledge, skills and attitude along with multi-tasking ability in order to understand and analyze complex business situations. In pursuit of this goal, the management programme of GLA University nurtures leaders capable of contributing to different sectors.
This course is for all eligible class XII pass-outs, aspiring for a career in business management. The syllabus is dynamic in scope and permits a much desirable flexibility to keep pace with the ever – growing body of knowledge, experience and explorations in different domains. The course structure is carefully designed so that students get an edge in dealing with diverse situations when they step into the corporate world.
Program Outcomes (POs)
PO1: Business Problems: Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
• Understand the management theories and practices.
• Identify and formulate business problems.
• Select management theories and practices relevant to the business problems.
• Propose solutions to problems using the selected management theories and practices.
• Business problems can be presented as case studies in courses.
• Assessment could be in terms of the student’s identification of business problem, his/her perception in terms of selected management theories, the choice of a method of solving the problem, and justification of choices.
PO2: Data-based Decision Making: Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
• Design hypotheses and related sampling.
• Compute statistical parameters from the data collected.
• Determine the trends from the processed data.
• Understand decision making by selecting criteria and using the data.
• Analyse the model of the problem formulated with regard to boundaries and assumptions made.
PO3. Value Based Leadership: Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
• Understand what values are.
• Understand what corporate governance is corporate social responsibility.
•Understand what each person can contribute to the team, project and to the wider organisation.
PO4: Global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business:
• Ability to understand, analyse and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
• Analyse the impact of a given solution on environment and sustainability.
• Operate effectively in cross-cultural settings, understanding the importance of globalisation
• Understand the complexities of business ethics and legal aspects in a global environment.
• Understand micro and macro economics
PO5. Achieving Organizational Goals: Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals
• Understand what organizational goals are.
• Relate your personal goals and goals of professional activities to the organizational goals.
• Understand the contributions other people in the group make.
• Maximise the use of available resources for the benefit of organisations
• Integrate functional knowledge and apply strategic management skills
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Integrate core, cross-functional and inter-disciplinary aspects of management theories, models and frameworks to analyze business, policy and social issues
PEO2: Develop excellent communication skills, excel in cross-functional, multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams to manage continuity, change, risk, ambiguity and complexity.
PEO3: Inculcate value based leadership, ethical qualities and a sense of social purpose
PEO4: Creating managers to understand national as well as international business environment and to assimilate updated information.
PEO5: Engaging in successful career pursuits covering a broad spectrum of areas in corporate, non-profit organizations, public policy, entrepreneurial ventures and lifelong learning.
PEO6: Identify business opportunities, design and implement innovations in workspace
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Developing adequate theoretical knowledge of various core disciplines of management science
PSO2: Enabling students to explore practical applications of management concepts
PSO3: Providing a strong analytical foundation in key functional areas of management
PSO4: Creating awareness and understanding the impact of managerial decision making in socio-environmental context
PSO5: Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders