Today's business environment is characterized by dynamic uncertainties and complexities, which makes the work of managers and organizational leaders extremely challenging. Thus, those who aspire to become organizational managers in today's business environment need to acquire specialized knowledge, skills and attitude along with multi-tasking ability in order to understand and analyze complex business situations.
In pursuit of this goal, the MBA Programme of GLA University, nurtures leaders capable of making a difference in the corporate and service sectors The MBA course, top MBA Colleges in UP, employs various modes of teaching, learning and assessment that reflect in its interdisciplinary approach. This integrated teaching, from top MBA Colleges in Uttar Pradesh, allows understanding of the overlap and interaction between the different business areas. This approach also allows the students to develop multiple skills such as critical analysis, independent research, report writing, numerical ability, working with real-life case studies, presentation skills and interpersonal skills through group tasks.
These skills further enable the students to take a full, active and responsible role within the business community, whether this is through entrepreneurship, further study or in managerial role. The system of dual-specialization enables the students to choose specializations from the fields of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, International Business, Information Technology, Development, Retail, Operations and Strategic & Technological Management, Business analytics, banking and Financial Services, Supply Chain management. An integration of technology with the conventional teaching modes enables the students to acquire well-developed understanding of management practices, knowledge and skills necessary to grapple with the complexities of the modern business propositions.
Program Outcomes (POs)
PO1: Business Problems: Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems.
• Understand the management theories and practices.
• Identify and formulate business problems.
• Select management theories and practices relevant to the business problems.
• Propose solutions to problems using the selected management theories and practices.
• Business problems can be presented as case studies in courses.
• Assessment could be in terms of the student’s identification of business problem, his/her perception in terms of selected management theories, the choice of a method of solving the problem, and justification of choices.
PO2: Data-based Decision Making: Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data-based decision making.
• Design hypotheses and related sampling.
• Compute statistical parameters from the data collected.
• Determine the trends from the processed data.
• Understand decision making by selecting criteria and using the data.
• Analyse the model of the problem formulated with regard to boundaries and assumptions made.
PO3. Value Based Leadership: Ability to develop Value based Leadership ability.
• Understand what values are.
• Understand what corporate governance is corporate social responsibility.
•Understand what each person can contribute to the team, project and to the wider organization.
PO4: Global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business:
• Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal, and ethical aspects of business.
• Analyze the impact of a given solution on environment and sustainability.
• Operate effectively in cross-cultural settings, understanding the importance of globalization
• Understand the complexities of business ethics and legal aspects in a global environment.
• Understand micro and macro economics
PO5. Achieving Organizational Goals: Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals
• Understand what organizational goals are.
• Relate your personal goals and goals of professional activities to the organizational goals.
• Understand the contributions other people in the group make.
• Maximize the use of available resources for the benefit of organizations
• Integrate functional knowledge and apply strategic management skills
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To assess global opportunities and challenges to contribute towards firm’s growth through strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, international expansion, and new venture development.
PEO2:To apply the conceptual and practical business knowledge to identify and solve organizational problems using a systematic and analytical decision-making approach.
PEO3:To enable the students exhibit ability to identify and organize data; synthesize and analyse to abstract meaning from information, in order to share knowledge to the key stakeholders
PEO4:To inculcate value based leadership, ethical qualities and socially responsible behavior.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Demonstrate critical awareness in current issues in business and management and exhibit ability to lead research and practice.
PSO2: Inculcating knowledge, skills & attitude to work individually or as multi- disciplinary teams in a dynamic organizational environment and apply managerial problem-solving skills through multidisciplinary approach in national and international context
PSO3: Developing critical and advanced thinking skills based on conceptual and practical knowledge to solve corporate managerial issues
PSO4: Creating awareness and understanding the impact of managerial decision making in socio-environmental context
PSO5: Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders.