Today, let us give you tips and tricks of salary negotiation:
• Be sure of yourself: First and foremost rule is to be sure of you. You have to conduct yourself as if it is the company who needs people like you and not you who is desperate for the job. Your desperation can often lead the HR to think that you will take the job at any given salary.
• Set your expectation high but be realistic: I understand that you want best for yourself, but please don’t be greedy. It is always biter to be realistic. Make sure that the HR is not blown away by your expectation. Set a realistic standard as per your experience and qualification.
• Don’t follow up desperately: I understand that you want to know what the negotiation is up to but too much follow-up can make you look desperate and can kill your game. Make sure you make a timely follow up and do not run behind the HR like a desperate candidate.
• Never disclose your current package: You might not know this but you have full right to keep your current package confidential. In case the HR asks for your current package, you have all the rights to keep that information private as an employee of the current company.
• Ask for their budget: When you are asked to disclose your current package wherein you hold a complete right to keep it confidential, make sure you ask their set budget for the position instead. Every position in an organization holds a set budget while hiring candidates for the position; make sure you ask them their budget instead of telling them your current package.