In a bid to join Indian Navy after qualifying plus two, a candidate should pass NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC every year. One can apply for NDA online or offline. Application forms are available in post offices.
- The age of the applicant should be between 16.5 years to 19 years
- The applicant should be Indian
- The applicant should be unmarried
- The applicant should be male
- The applicant should have passed 12th exams with subjects of physics, chemistry and maths.
- The applicant should be physically fit.
Physical Fitness Test or PFT
Note: The candidate should have a minimum height if 157 cm with a proportionate weight as per his age and height. Mental and physical health is also assessed.
After selection, a – nine week training is provided to candidates. This apart, eight weeks of sea training and 4 years of technical training are also given to students. After completion of this, the candidate is awarded diploma equivalent to aeronautical or electrical or mechanical engineering.