Digital technology has become mainstream in almost all walks of life, be it business transactions or operations across industries and sectors. Today, digital transactions have become highly critical to any business dealing in any domain. These transactions are 24x7 under the radar of unprincipled and greedy hackers and criminals who are always in quest of exploiting the loopholes either to make money or steal data by hampering the businesses. Hackers around the globe make the most of security weaknesses to:
- Steal the highly sensitive private information of people
- Grab information associated with the people’s social and industrial security
- Steal the passwords of digital bank accounts, credit card information, and medical data
- Steal the information associated with national security.
Therefore, almost all organizations the world over are searching for cybersecurity experts who can take care of such highly crucial matters efficiently and effectively. Over the past 15 years, the demand for cybersecurity experts has increased like never before, and to fulfill that need with skilled professionals, the best colleges for B. Tech. in U.P. have come up with specialized courses in the domain. Cybersecurity has emerged as one of the most attractive career options for IT professionals because of the concerns associated with it.
In a digital world where things are happening virtually, only the cybersecurity experts trained at the best colleges for B. Tech. in U.P. can make the world a better place to live. Jobs in cybersecurity are always on the rise and individuals who have a combination of both technical and non-technical training within the field can claim their position.
The academic framework of B. Tech. CSE (Cyber Security & Forensics)
- Different types of contemporary cybersecurity technologies
- Practices and processes used for the protection of computer and data from any unauthorized access or security attacks
- Protective measures to counter cyber threats
- Data structures
- Digital principles and system design
- Java programming
- System software and machine architecture
- Design and implementation of assemblers
- Design and implementation of loaders
- Design and implementation of linkers, and
- Design and analysis of algorithms
List of electives
- Software Engineering
- Network Security
- Cyber Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics
- Applied Cryptography, and
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention System.
Eligibility criteria for admission
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry /Computer Science. With at least 60% marks in the above subjects, taken together and 50% marks overall.
- Based on the performance in the online Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) test of 2 hours duration and personal interview. For B. Tech. lateral entry program, different institutions have different parameters.
Career Paths in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity offers 3 types of career paths to students who complete their B. Tech CSE (Cyber Security & Forensics) from the best colleges for B.Tech in U.P..
- Critical Infrastructure Security
Critical infrastructure security occupies the most crucial place among different cyber securities. It is all about cyber-physical systems that contemporary society is completely dependent upon. Critical infrastructure security is one of the most important course modules taught at the best colleges for B. Tech in U.P. and some of the most common examples of it include:
- Electricity transmission and distribution grids
- Water purification plants
- Traffic lights
- Shopping malls, and
- Medical establishments such as hospitals.
Any unguarded and unprotected critical infrastructure establishment is always prone to cyber-attacks. The companies that deal in critical infrastructure projects are often responsible for providing security to such structures by performing due diligence on the security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Application Security:
Application security is one of the most important security measures in cybersecurity that safeguards certain systems. Both software and hardware methodologies are adopted to combat all external threats in application security.
Application security is mainly of 3 types:
- Antivirus programs
- Firewalls, and
- Encryption programs.
All these above-mentioned application security types play an important role in preventing unauthorized access to crucial data. Organizations using the application security measures not only can detect sensitive data assets but also safeguard them as per the requirements. Application security is an independent module in the B. Tech CSE (Cyber Security & Forensics) course taught at the best colleges for B. Tech in U. P. that makes students well-versed with all aspects associated with it.
- Network Security
Network security is a part and parcel of cybersecurity that offers protection to all internal networks against unauthorized intrusions. Ensuring internal security not only safeguards the infrastructure but also prevents all unwanted and unpermitted accesses made by intruders. The professionals who handle network security are necessarily the degree holders from the best colleges for B. Tech in U.P. and have expertise in machine learning (ML) also. They use machine learning to flag unusual traffic from suspicious sources to secure the entire network security framework.
Network security personnel keep making constant efforts to implement certain policies and procedures to have a strict check upon all unauthorized accesses, any kind of unwanted modifications, and unpermitted exploitation of a particular network. Some most common examples of network security include extra logins, new passwords, encryption, firewalls, application security, antivirus programs, anti-spyware software, and monitored internet access.
With provision for BTech lateral entry to different engineering programs, GLA University is a well-recognized institution among the best colleges for B. Tech. in U.P. It offers B. Tech CSE (Cyber Security & Forensics) aiming at equipping students with all the practical and theoretical knowledge that they need to be competent and capable cybersecurity professionals. The university has a dedicated placement cell that works strategically to place its students with reputed organizations.
The staunch corporate patronage that separates the university from its peers originates from its unequivocal focus to produce global quality technocrats and managers for which the regular corporate interactions weave the thread. For more details on admission procedure, fee structure, hotel facility, and other important things, one can initiate contact with the university.