Automobile engineering is one of the most premium branches of engineering that deal in designing, developing, manufacturing, and operational aspects of automobiles. This stream of engineering also includes some other aspects associated with automobiles such as safety, use of electronic and electrical devices, and software solutions.
Right from cars, trucks, buses to the incredible Harley Davidson, all are possible through automobile engineering.
As taught in some of the top private engineering colleges in UP, automobile engineering takes various things to the next level through a logical analysis of the things such as:
- How can we teach our cars to drive themselves?
- How can we make our vehicles safer and more intelligent?
- How can we run our vehicles on fuels other than conventional fuel sources?
- How can we create futuristic cars and other vehicles?
There are mainly 3 types of automotive engineers:
After obtaining either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from any of the top private engineering colleges in U.P., automobile engineers work mainly in the following subdomains of this premium branch of engineering:
Every automotive manufacturing facility has a dedicated design center where design engineers are responsible for creating the designs of different types of vehicles.
Making use of advanced 3D imaging software solutions such as CAD and CAM, design engineers work on the visual aspect of a vehicle to give it a stunning look.
The design engineers are also deeply involved in the overall concept design of the vehicles. To come out successful in this, they need to have a degree from one of the top engineering colleges in U.P. with specialized knowledge of the following:
- A profound understanding of the electrical and electronic aspects of a vehicle
- Intricate details of the hydraulics
- Mechanical and even software systems, and
- Aerodynamics of the vehicle.
Responsible mainly for conducting research and finding solutions to various engineering problems, the development engineers in automobile engineering not only improve the efficiency of the existing vehicles but also develop the newer and innovative ones.
They also take care of certification, validation, testing, and other organizational tasks. This subdomain of automobile engineering offers challenges that are sometimes very intriguing as the pressure of developing something new and innovative always mounts.
Those obtaining a degree in automobile engineering from any of the top private engineering colleges in U.P. can opt for doing specialization in this subdomain.
In an automobile manufacturing facility, production engineers are responsible for ascertaining that all the production processes are going smoothly as per the set standards and parameters. They keep themselves involved in the:
- Maintenance, and
- Control of all processes in the manufacturing of vehicles.
Just like other subdomains of automobile engineering, one needs to pursue a degree in automobile engineering from any of the top engineering colleges in the U.P. to be a production engineer.
- Tech. (Automobile Engineering)
- Tech. in Automobile Engineering is 4 years full-time graduate program that is designed and taught in some of the top private engineering colleges in U.P.primarily to impart hands-on experience to the students in the field of automobile engineering.
- STC (Service Training Center) – for gaining hands-on experience in the field of automobile engineering
- CAR (Center of Automotive Research) – for solving real-time automotive-based applications
- Industrial exposure through periodic Industrial Visits, from the first year itself
- Mini as well as Major Projects in 4 years.
- CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) Education System
- Options to start your own business through “Incubation”, sponsored by NSTEDB, DST. Govt. of India.
- The students who havepassed their 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Computer Science
- At least 50% marks in the above subjects, taken together and 50% marks overall.
Admission to some of the top private engineering colleges in U.P. is granted based on the performance in an online MCQ test of 2-hour duration followed by personal interview.
Career and Job Prospects in automobile engineering
At the moment, the automobile is one of the fastest-growing industries in India. In the past 10 years, the country has witnessed a never-before rise in the number of world-class automobile manufacturing facilities.
The famous south Indian city of Chennai is popularly known as the Detroit of India these days just because of the presence of the world’s leading automotive majors such as Hyundai, Ford, Volkswagen, and a large number of other national and multinational companies starting their new ventures in the outskirts of the city of Chennai.
This is all due to the increasing demand for vehicles in every part of the country. With such phenomenal growth in the automobile industry in India, the demand for skilled and qualified automobile engineering professionals trained at the top private engineering colleges in U.P. and other parts of the country is increasing at a rapid pace.
Some of the top employers
Some of the top companies offering job opportunities to automotive engineers include TATA Motors, Mahindra and Mahindra, Toyota, Honda, Ford, Eicher Motors, Escorts, Bajaj Auto Limited, Maruti Udyog Limited, Hero Motors, and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI).
Apart from these, the automobile engineers trained at some of the top engineering colleges in U.P. and other parts of the country can find jobs in service facilities, private transport companies, and Defense Services.
Self-employment is also an attractive and lucrative option for automobile engineers. As for job opportunities in foreign lands, Middle East is the most preferred destination for the Indian automobile engineers who are trained at some of the top private engineering colleges in U.P. and other parts of the country.
As one of the top private engineering colleges in U.P., GLA University envisions itself as a pace-setting institution of Academic Excellence with a focus on education, research, and development in established as well as emerging professions.
To provide an empowering learning experience in the field of automobile engineering and a large number of other emerging professions, the university promotes the overall growth and development of intellect and personality of its prime stakeholders with a student-centric approach.